Saturday, November 13, 2010

CRAZY TIMES ON THE ZUIDEY.





What a whirlwind of good times and craziness the past month as we made our way from Alaska all the way through the Panama Canal to the Caribbean. FINALLY WE GET SOME SUNSHINE! Visiting so many amazing countries, and getting a little taste of each culture. Mexico, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Columbia, and Panama. Truly amazing. I can't wait for the opportunity to visit those countries again. While we did our relocation cruise we also had a new addition to our cast. Mr. Matthew Cheney! We were also very lucky to have TJ (choreographer from LA) join him, to make our THIRD turnover as easy as possible. Two weeks later, Matty is in all of the shows and we are ready to experience brand new ports together! First stop, Half Moon Cay-- Holland America's private island in the Bahamas. We then head to Aruba, Curacao, Panama, and Costa Rica. After we hit Costa, we have two sea days as we head back to Ft. Lauderdale, FL. We have moved from 7 day cruises to 10 day cruises, which has brought many changes to all of our schedules. Lets just say we have A LOT of time off :). I can't believe Halloween has already passed. Insane how fast time goes! For Halloween we were allowed a crew party in the OB. My roomie Loosh and I dressed as Engineers. We got the white jump suits, the ear plugs, the goggles, a sick stache, and to top it off chest hair. Most of the party we mingled with other actual engineers onboard and I somehow got us into working the next day in the engine room.... at 6 AM.... ? Chief called us and told us to stand by.. definitely thinking we were going to bail. 15 minutes later we show up dressed for work. We get to follow Chris (4th engineer) around down in the engine room-- checking the oil on engines, turning on the boiler, checking the poop tanks, and doing other important engine room stuff. After an hour of pure enjoyment and crazy sweat, we returned to the control room to say our goodbyes. BEST ENGINEERS EVER! Birthday time! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JOSHUA, STEVEN AND ME! We had a combined party to celebrate our day of births :) it was themed-- dress as Josh or Amber. Brilliant. We had about an even number or honorary Josh's and Amber's at the party. I am so grateful for this amazing family I have onboard and so happy that I could share my special day with all of them! As a present to myself, I will be skydiving this Aruba! wahooooo!!! We are now on Cruise number four, and the month of mama's is still a go. This cruise we are so excited to have Lucia and Lisa's mums onboard! yayy! Although I love having mama's onboard... it sure does make me miss my mum a whole lot! LOVE YOU MAMA! xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment